Take control of your oral health and eliminate gum disease.
Healthy gums are essential to maintaining overall oral and physical health. Gum disease is a common but serious ailment that can be prevented with proper oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist.
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, affects up to 70% of adults over the age of 30. It begins with the formation of plaque (bacteria) at the gum line. Over time the plaque hardens into calcium deposits called tartar. If not removed, the tartar can cause an infection and inflammation of the gums (gingivitis). The infection can eventually break down the gum tissue and spread to the underlying bone.
In extreme cases, teeth can loosen and fall out. Bacteria can also enter the bloodstream through the gums, causing other serious health problems. Research has linked gum disease/ chronic oral inflammation to diabetes, dementia, lung infections, increased risk of heart disease and stroke. Pregnant women with gum disease may be at risk of delivering a pre-term, low birth weight baby.
To decrease the risk of chronic oral inflammation, visit your dentist for regular check ups and maintain good oral hygiene (brushing and flossing). Additionally, recent studies have shown that use of essential oils, such as the hygiene program OraMD, which is derived of 100 per cent pure and natural almond, peppermint and spearmint oils, is fluoride free and antibacterial, is an effect way to decreasing chronic oral inflammation.
Each drop of OraMD helps clean your teeth, gums and mouth of periodontal bacteria through interdental access, plaque build-up and bad breath, while replacing traditional toothpaste, mouthwash and mouth freshening products.
Here at Core Dental we recommend you to follow our 5-step guide to optimal oral health with OraMD:
- Brush after every meal, but at least twice a day using 2-5 drops of OraMD. Add drops to a toothbrush and brush as instructed.
- Floss every evening after brushing, and if necessary, follow with other dental tools or water irrigator.
- Use OraMD as a mouthwash twice a day – morning and night. Put 2-5 drops into an ounce of water, swish and gargle to kill the any bacteria in the entire mouth.
- To keep breath fresh throughout the day, put 2-5 drops as needed, on the tip of the tongue to coat the gum line and teeth.
- Maintain your regular dental check ups and follow all instructions provided by your dentist and hygienist.
To order your OraMD click here. And as always, be sure to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about reducing your chronic inflammation and improving your overall oral health, as we are here to help.